ExeOutput 2 Beta

Any approximate target date for production release of ExeOutput 2? I’m ready to purchase when available. Thanks

Regarding the X close with jquery alert, I tested example 1 using 1.7. the X close worked with both Chromium and Trident. It fails using beta 2.

We’re working on the documentation and new website. So it should be available at the end of April if everything goes fine.

It’s working in V1.7 because it’s not a multithreaded application. Could you send me your sample with code and not just the link to the code? We have to see how you implemented the code.

I’m unable to reply to the email that is associated with this post, even though it says Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

How best to send the source and associated files?

You can use https://1fichier.com/?lg=en to upload a Zip for instance.

Download from https://1fichier.com/?uz9tt2xq7e

Please confirm you are able to retrieve. Thank you.

Yes, received. We’ll study it in a near future. Thank you.

Weird Alignment of HTML SELECT TAG Drop-downs

Dropdown lists line-up with the position that the dropdown box first appears on the screen.

For example: if you have a small app window on the left of the screen at loadup, the dropdown can line up correctly, but if you move the window to the right hand side of the screen and then open the dropdown list it appears on the left hand side of the screen where it was previously.

The position of other dropdowns on the page (whether previously opened or not) appear in the wrong postion also.

Even worse - if you compile with the ‘Windows stay on top’ option set HTML dropdowns are not even visible at all until you realise that they are being displayed BEHIND the application window.

I’ve ony just got the EXEOP 2.2 BETA and this is the only HTML I’ve loaded so far. I’m using Windows 10 x64. The HTML select tags are on elevated z-index layers. (There are no such alignment problems with any other browser tested)

Any screenshot or better HTML sample that could let us reproduce your problem?

Since encountering this problem I’ve tried lots of different HTML pages and I see the same results every time. Even if I load the listbox into an i-frame the problem persists. The list box contents only line-up correctly when the app window is in the same place as when the app loads. I have two screens (extended display) and if I open the app on screen 1 and drag it onto screen 2, when I open the lost box the list contents open on screen 1.

Any page with a SELECT tag seems to be affected. Here is some sample HTML…

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
	<body>
		<div>
				<select>
					<option selected value="1">= SELECT =
					<option value="1">When I
					<option value="2">move the
					<option value="2">application
					<option value="2">window
					<option value="2">this stuff
					<option value="2"> doesn't
					<option value="2">appear
					<option value="2">in the
					<option value="2">correct
					<option value="2">place.
				</select>
		</div>
	</body>
</html>

The culprit might be the extended display, that’s why we couldn’t reproduce it until now. We’ll check, thanks for the sample! Looks like a problem with the CEF anyway.

I see the same problem with or without an extended display. I only mentioned the second display to illustrate how bad this bug can be (i.e. that dropdowns can appear not just in the wrong position but even on the wrong screen).

Whilst checking this out I have also discovered another issue that is common in older Windows apps but not in newer ones… If you shut-down your application window whilst it’s on a second screen and the restart the machine without a second screen connected you can’t see your app at all. Newer apps detect the absence of a second display and automatically show the app on the main screen.

In case it helps here is my system graphics info (all latest drivers installed)…
Intel HD Graphics 3000
NVIDIA GeForce 540M
DirectX 12

The problem may arise from the fact that the application remembers the last position of the window. You can either disable that or run your application EXE with the command line switch “ignoreuserpos”.

Re the window position: I suppose I should have mentioned that the window position issue is only applicable when the remember position option is set but that’s the way my application needs to work. I’m just pointing out the issue because of the growing trend of the use multiple screens and how other Windows software deals with it in order to save users the frustration of losing app windows. It is essential to have some kind of management of ‘off-screen issues’ - which can also affect not-full-screen apps when screen resolutions are changed. Does EXEOP provide acesss to the Windows API to manage this?

Re the select element issue: If this is a bug in the embedded CEF will you be replacing it with a more recent version? Or is there a way I can update the CEF myself?

Am I reading this correctly:

FATAL ERROR
The following error has occurred during compilation:
“Dialog Boxes” tab: the “Built with ExeOutput” statement was removed from the “About box” although you are not allowed to do this. You have to purchase this option in addition to your license. The entire statement including all tags must be kept in the HTML page.

Even though we have bought a license, have to pay extra to remove the reference back to ExeOutput?

Sent support email with screenshots, but after reading the error closely seems it is going to cost extra to remove the about reference back to you???

Any updates?

Beta 3 is available, see the corresponding topic

I would like to test the beta of the new version.
How do I “send a PM to gdgsupport with the purchase ID”?
I don’t see any PM function in this forum.

Hi Paulc,

We’ve added you to the Beta group so that you can see the dedicated category on this forum and download the Beta of ExeOutput 2.