Flash Player ActiveX Not Loading Content

Hi,

Some of my customers using applications made with HTML Executable have this problem that Adobe Flash object (i.e. literally the whole content of the app) doesn’t load for them on windows 7 despite having the latest version of Adobe Flash Player ActiveX installed on their systems. The same app runs smoothly on their computer when packaged and shipped with Autoplay Media Studio and similar software.

This has been happening for a while for more than 50% of the customers, so I have packaged some of my content using Autoplay Media Studio to provide for these customers so that I don’t have to refund them. However, this is a huge inconvenience and other solutions do NOT provide the content protection that I get from HTML Executable.

1. Do you have any idea what might cause this problem and how to solve it?

2. Do you have a plan (in the near future) to somehow embed Flash Player runtime in the projects to save us a lot of headache when it comes to customer support?

Thanks a lot,

P.S. HTML Executable rocks! Keep up the excellent work XD

Please try with the following option DisableHTTPNegociateProtocol (check or uncheck to see if it helps). If not, try the 2nd highlighted option:

We can’t embed the Flash Player runtime due to legal issues.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I’ll try these options but there’s no way I can verify that the problem is solved because I haven’t been able to duplicate the problem on any of my machines. Anyway, in that particular publication NoMultiThreading is checked already. Do you think by any chance the problem is not related to Flash Player? If so, I might try HTML5.

By the way, yesterday I tried ExeOutput 2. Even in the Chromium sample that is provided with the trial version, Flash content does not display. You see the error message: “This plugin is not supported”.

Thanks again

It’s due to the Flash player indeed. Maybe your clients also have a firewall that blocks local connections? Or the Flash player isn’t updated?
Anyway, Flash is supported in ExeOutput 2 but since we work with Chromium now, a special version of Flash (Pepper Flash) is required. See our documentation: http://www.exeoutput.com/help/flash-swf

Thanks again for the response.

I wonder if it’s possible that there’s some kind of interference between the activity of Internet Download Manager within IE and the way HTML EXE handles Flash files.

I’m afraid disabling firewall software on the clients’ computers doesn’t solve this issue. To find out what is causing the problem, I think we should focus on the different ways that publications of programs such as Autoplay Media Studio and HTML EXE handle web object (IE) execution. The former literally doesn’t offer any kind of setting for this purpose. Unfortunately I don’t have enough knowledge to investigate this.

In any case, I updated a popular publication that had this problem and checked “Disable HTTPNegociateProtocol” to see if this solves the problem. I’m going to have to wait a week or two for client feedback. :frowning:

Thanks for the tip about ExeOutput and Flash player. I had completely overlooked this fact because I thought the exe file already included flash runtime. I actually hope you guys can find a way to include flash runtime in HTML EXE publications! :slight_smile:

I’ll keep you posted on the results of our little experiment here.

Yes, thank you for keeping us informed.

So finally I figured what caused that problem! It turns out the clients I mentioned in the previous post were using IE 10 on windows 7. Updating to IE 11 seems to solve the problem.

The problem is that a lot of the customers are not happy with downloading IE11 and updating their windows 7, though. Also, I’ve had to issue refunds to some customers on Windows 8.1 because they were not willing to update their OS and flash player IE ActiveX only gets installed on their machines via Microsoft updates.

Can’t wait for the HTMLEXE 5 with Chromium engine (which works with Pepper flash) to solve all these problems.

GDG products rock as always! :slight_smile:

HTMLEXE 5 is the answer to this issue and is why we have been advocating for it. We hope for a speedy release from GDGsoft.