HTML Executable 4.7.1 not recognising .html file extension?

Thanks for your reply.
I upgraded to 4.7.1 and recompiled a book which worked OK previously, and when I tried to run the .exe file I got the message that HE Server could not find any files with an .html extension.

I uninstalled HTML Executable 4.7.1 using Revo uninstaller and downloaded a new copy and reinstalled it.

Recompiled the book, when I ran the .exe file again I got the Web Browser message “Unable to download introduction.html from heserver. Unable to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.” The same message for any other files in the book with .html extensions.
In the opened book, the message “Navigation to the webpage was cancelled.” All the other .htm pages opened. I renamed introduction.html to introduction.htm and recompiled the book and everything worked OK.

I uninstalled 4.7.1 again using Revo uninstaller and reloaded HTML Executable version 1.2.1.0. I renamed all the necessary files back to .html and recompiled the book. This version successfully compiled and the executable ran OK recognising all the .html files.

DATA:
Running Windows Vista Business Service Pack 2 with all updates in place.
Windows Internet Explorer9 version 9.0.8112.16421IC Update Versions: 9.0.34 (KB3008923)

Do you mean the runtime was 1.2.1?

heinst.exe
File version 1.2.1.0
Product version 4.2.1.0

Try to enable one of these two options (or both):

If it still doesn’t work, I’d need to test your EXE file.

Thanks, but sorry this didn’t work. To eliminate this being a coding error on my side, I tried compiling a new project using HTML Executable’s default settings based on a purchased website template that loads fine in IE. Same result. Cannot recognise the index.html but opens all .htm files. I also uninstalled and reinstalled IE9 but didn’t help either.

Could you try the PDF Viewer sample that comes with HTML Executable? It also uses an index.html file.
On your computer, which default program is registered to open .HTML files?

Default browser is IE9
Default html editor is Notepad++

Tried to run the PDF Viewer sample and got the same result “Unable to download index.html from heserver” - cannot post a screen shot because I’m a new user so I sent this by email to you replying to your last notification.

Regards…

HEHelp.exe also shows the same problem

OK. We’ll try to reproduce the problem on Vista with IE9.

BTW do you have all latest updates?

And finally, what happens if you double-click on an .HTML file in Windows Explorer?

Yes, I have all the latest updates. If I double-click on an in .HTML file in Windows Explorer it opens the file in IE9.
Regards…

I would be interested to know if you making any progress reproducing this on Vista with IE9?

No, but we should get results next week.

I would be very interested to know what result you obtained, thanks.

We could reproduce another problem. Sometimes, we get an access violation in URLMON but it only happens on Vista IE8.
We are investigating the issue, certainly related to some compatibility problem.

Are there any problems with .html extensions on Windows 7 and 8? If not, perhaps I would have to make it clear to potential customers they cannot run books on any OS below Windows 7?

The issue should be fixed in our future update.

Well, over a year has passed now, when will there be an update please?

In May 2016

Hello, team!
I have same problem but only on computer with Windows 7 x32 Enterprise Edition (IE 11). On other computers programm working well.
But on win7x32-e i see a new downloading window from IE and text “Cannot load index.html from heserver”.
I load for you screenshot but IE has russian interface

This could be related to security zones, check if you modified your Internet Explorer security settings.