HTML Executable features

Good evening,

I would like to know, if possible, if HTML Exe has the ability of running an executable (made in perl for windows for example) and retrieve the result in a response string (javascript call for instance).

Kind regards,

Kepler

Yes, it’s possible if you work with HEScript, the scripting language of HTMLEXE. It can run EXE files and read data from external files, pass it to JS and much more…

Good morning,

Thanks for the reply. I’ve managed to run an exe easely with HEScript. But for getting the output from it, I’ve tryed the following: first, with HEScript, I unpacked it and returned to php the path and name of the exe temp. But if I try to run it within php, I get the message that its not a valid win32 executable… If I run it externally - within the Data folder - I get the output correctly… Thoughts?..

Kind regards,

Kepler

Hi again,

I’ve figured it out (part of it…): the exe file is invalid because is zero bytes long!.. It only gets the real size if we run it with HEScript. Then the problem remains: if I try to run it with the temp path, the command is simply ignored. The only way is if I copy it to the Data folder of the app path. If Data dir doesn’t exist, it won’t run…Which leads me to the second problem: neither HEScript or php are able - apparently - of creating that folder Data. I’ve tryed also to copy it to the storage - but php won’t run it either (it ignores it)…

Cheers,

Kepler

If you get a file with no size, this means that the virtual path is incorrect (the runtime couldn’t find the EXE file in its resources). Check the virtual path in the HE’s File Manager (choose Virtual Paths in the left side).

Regarding AppData folder, the HTMLEXE publication has its own storage folder in AppData. Maybe you should work with it: check the global variables topic in the doc.