New HTMLexecutable 4.8 crashes after compiling

I recently updated my html executable to 4.8 from 4.7. but after installing and compiling my files, the executable generated keeps crashing while trying to load.

anyone experience this? any solutions?

Yes. 4.,8 does seem to have some issues. For example, I have 4 computers - if I create an executable on my desktop it can run fine on that same machine, but if I try to run it on my laptop it tries to run then closes down. The very same .hepx file complied in 4.7 runs perfectly on both machines. I’ve tried all sorts of combinations of features and security options but it doesn’t make any difference. I have moved back to 4.7 and I feel let down by GDG since the new features of 4.8 would be very useful to me and having paid for the upgrade I have been (maybe unwittingly) cheated. I have raised an issue with support but so far have not received a reply

Yeah its such a let down seeing that now the executable 4.7 cant be used in windows 10 due to unsupported mp4 video tags. causing me a lot of problems as our customers are now moving to windows 10.

To GDG support I believe this solution need your Urgent attention. and if there is no solution, please let us know so that we can seek other software solutions that complies well with changes.

Try to disable your antivirus program if any.

We are going to release HTMLEXE 4.9 in a few days with several feature requests such as web update and improved MP4 playing (when files are left external and encrypted). Several issues are also fixed and we introduced a new behavior to avoid antivirus false positives for people who don’t have a code signing certificate.

fyi : IF YOU CHECK WITH THE SUPPORT TEAM THAT WAS THE INITIAL THING THE ASKED ME TO DO. BUT IT STILL DIDNT WORK.

When you say a few days , do you have a specific date of release as to some of us time if of the essence. thanks.

Any word on the release date of 4.9?

If all tests are fine, it will be ready for this Monday.

ITs now Tuesday and no announcement yet.

Yes, we got some delay as usual. Version 4.9 is out now, you can upgrade.

Thanks for the release of 4.9. Loving it. however I noticed an added feature for updates. I have been testing on it but wanted to ask, lets say my updates are in .exe format how to apply. tried but seems this feature only works with applications that is not .exe.

Just check our tutorial in video format on our website.

Dear support, I did go through your video but it has no part that explains how I can attach or call my updated exe to be downloaded. as I follow the successful process of checking if there is a update, I click I want to update, then follow the dialogue box by clicking next. it reaches a point it shows what updates files are available and I cant seem to see my .exe file to select it. it only shows application and even its unselectable. no options to browse and select the update .exe file so cant do any thing.

Any screenshots because I have no good picture of what you said?