Allow only one copy to work

I found that if I copy a folder with an activated file stored into it, both the files work correctly. I’d like that just one file works on a PC, is it possible?
Thank you.

Carlo

It is possible only if you use the feature of XLS Padlock named “hardware-locking”. Your activation keys should be hardware-locked if you want one file on one PC.
We have a demo here:
https://www.xlspadlock.com/excel-workbook-demo
The activation key generated by our demo website will only work on your computer when you activate the EXE. If you then try to repeat the same steps on different computers, it will fail (actually it will fail after two tries, because we allow 2 computers in the demo).

Ok course I know the hardware-locking feature but if I activate one file on a PC and then copy the entire folder of the activated file on the same PC, both the file work. I’d like that just the first I activated worked, because I don’t want people can save more than just one copy with data inside.

Thank you

Unfortunately, this can’t be avoided because there is no way for a software to know whether a copy of itself has been made on the same machine, unless scanning for copies in the entire machine at each startup. However, this would be too intrusive and some antivirus would probably complain.