An error occurred while loading the PHP runtime

I have never seen or experienced this error:

An error occurred while loading the PHP runtime: in most cases, it is the due to lack of a required component on your computer. To run this application, you must first install the component.

Searching the forum produced no help.

Users computer is Windows 10 Home

App is using PHP 7.

Was under the impression that all required PHP runtimes were complied into the app?

How do I solve this? Now have two users with same issue. Both state they have “Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015” installed.

Thanks.

I had to install the x86 version (32-bit) to get it to work.

I did not think about the 32bit version, will have to make sure users have that version installed also.

Thanks Dave!

Susan

See the Readme of ExeOutput for PHP or the documentation of ExeOutput http://www.exeoutput.com/help/phpversion#system-requirements-for-your-application
We can’t compile the C++ Redistributable into the EXE file for security (and legal) reasons, and the PHP runtime requires it.

Actually first thing thought of and asked users but forget about 32bit version… Now up to 8 users with issue and all “say” they have installed 32bit version installed. At this point just giving up on the issue,and refunding their cost, not worth the effort and days involved.

Thanks.

PHP 7.1 can also only run on Vista and higher Windows. Maybe you should try to switch to a lower PHP version?

All users are on Windows 10 and all my apps are now based on php7.

Windows 10 doesn’t include the Visual C++ Redistributables necessary for running PHP 7.1. Make sure they download
vc_redist.x86.exe from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

We’ll also publish a tutorial to write an installer with Paquet Builder to automatically run vc_redist.x86.exe when you deploy an app made with ExeOutput for PHP.

That would be great. Without physically inspecting (or remote desktop) the users system, there is no way to know user really has correct files.

Thanks!

I’m trying to load a program from a DVD drive and I’m getting the same error, except it specifies that it’s most likely MSVCR90.DLL that’s missing, and I can install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 to fix the problem. I’ve done that on 4 different machines, all running Windows 7 or 10. In fact, on the latest computer, I’ve installed every VCredist from 2008 to 2015, including 32 and 64 bit versions, and I continue to get the response that there was an error loading the PHP runtime.

This is a small .exe file that I suspect was created within a company. Any ideas on what else I can throw at it? Thanks.