I have an issue with executable files generated by HTMLexe that are being used on the new Windows 10.
I generate my files as an Internet Explorer executeable, therefore I believe the issue might be related to the fact that Windows 10 does not actually include Internet Explorer anymore. The executeable files run without any issues on computers with older versions of Windows (that still include IE), but on computers with Windows 10, no audio is played.
Is there an update planned to ensure compability or is there a workaround present at current? Or maybe there is something I don’t know to ensure files are running on Windows 10?
This will be a growing issue for my customers, as I expect them slowly to move forward to the new Windows.
I did not get an error message the last time I tried to add target="_heopenit" and it didn’t work.
The dummy file you asked me to create however did indeed work. Unfortunately, it opened up a seperate instance of Media Player, which is not the way to go for our customers, but the dummy itself got played with that.
I hope that helps you. What would be the next step?
Most of my audios are NOT in the root folder, as the executable is structured in different chapters. The .mp3s are in the respective folders of those chapters (the same folder where the respective html-page is). The only audio-file that is in the root is the dummy-file currently and the starting index page of the executable. The rest is in folders.
Here is an example of the code in one of the chapters:
The _heopenit target parameter requires the full virtual path for the MP3 file to be played.
So this explains why the dummy MP3 files play as expected, and not the normal MP3 in your publication.
I suppose that something changed in Windows 10 Trident engine so that links without the _heopenit tag stop working.
We’ll study this problem and see what can be made.