Audio in Windows 10 not working

Alright, thank you for the info. I’ll be looking forward to that!

Hi,

is there any update to the situation?

As more and more customers change over to Windows 10, it is very important for me to fix those issues so my software properly supports the new system.

Best regards,

Andreas

We are still busy

Hi,

how is the current situation? There has been nothing but radio silence for almost a month now.

I hate being impatient, but this problem is becoming even more urgent. It has been very close to two months now since I asked for a solution to this problem. This Windows 10 compability not being fixed loses me a lot of new customers and in the process, direct money.

I know that this is probably not easy to fix and if I can, I will gladly assist you in any way I can, giving you all the information that you need to work on this problem. But I would really appreciate it if you could make this a bit more of a priority now.

Best regards,

Andreas

Do you think it is possible for you to send us your EXE file and HEPX project file? This would be helpful for testing if the fix is working.
If you are OK, please zip them and upload the zip to http://demo.ovh.eu/en

This is a free and ad-free hosting service: after upload, they will give you a URL.
Send the URL by PM so we can download the Zip archive.

Hi,

I sent you the requested files five days ago. How long do you think this is going to take?

Especially now - since the darker days are arriving - I expect a lot more people to pick up my product, therefore I can only again say how much I need a solution here. Again, if you need anything on my part, let me know as soon as possible!

Best regards,

Andreas

We received your files and are working on the update.

Any update on the situation? When will it be ready?

First of all, it finally looks like you can still play audio files in your ebook. When you first click on a play button, it doesn’t work but at a given time, it finally starts on Windows 10.
We have studied the sample you provided: you are using a third-party JS plugin that plays your audio files through Flash or HTML5 audio tag. It seems that this plugin isn’t stable when run in the HTML Executable container on Windows 10.
There is no specific reason though and we are still trying to figure out what is happening, although it may not be a problem of HTML Executable itself.
BTW have you tried to remove spaces in your subfolder names?

Hi,

thank you for your answer! I hope you can find a solution for the unstable plugin, as I probably will not be able to replace that (I created the HTML-pages with a different program called EZgenerator and it seems to only be able to do it this way).

My other projects don’t have spaces in their subfolder name, as they basically are the single products from the Complete Edition we sent you. Therefore, they start one level down in the folder structure and don’t have any spaces in those folder names.

Unfortunately, that does not seem to have any impact on the bug itself.

I hope that you can find a solution for this problem. Thanks again!

I think that updating the third-party JS plugin to a more recent release will help. All you need is to replace some JS files with the one from the original author.

Even the root folder shouldn’t have spaces in your case. Would it be possible to have a single product EXE file instead of the full collection? From what I understand, the bug also occurs in a single product, doesn’t it?

I updated the third party software and recreated the HTML-page of a single product with that updated software for testing purposes. I then used that updated page, created a new root folder for it (without any spaces) and duplicated the other product for the settings.

So I now have a single product EXE created with updated third-party software in a root folder (and subsequent folders) without any spaces. Unfortunately, there seems to be no difference, the bug is still there in all its glory.

I will send you the new file so you can have a look at it. I’d appreciate if you could figure out what’s going on here.

Hi,

I sent you the source files of the file over a week ago. Were you able to find anything that helps us in tracking down this bug?

My customers keep asking me why the product is not working on Windows 10 yet, so I’d really appreciate it if we could fix this as soon as possible.

Please tell me if you need anything else on my end!

Best regards,

Andreas

We’re still waiting for the reply from a third-party software engineer about the problem. The case is still open.

It has once again been two weeks - any update on the situation?

Please see your private messages on this forum

Thank you, I also answered in a PM.

Hi,

has any progress been made regarding the new issue I described via PM?