"Compiled" exe file still contains original VBA code?

Hi, all …

I’m trying Xls padlock just few days, and probably do not understand fully how Xlspadlock works, but anyway …

I expected, that “Compile to EXE” and then “Build Secure application” really compiles VBA code to machine codes or something like that… But now i see that isn’t true. I made simple test program with simple error without error handling - trying to open not existing file. Compiled program crashed and i’v got message with options “End application” and “Debug”. I selected “Debug” and voila - in VBE i see my original VBA code even with comments (even not obfuscated)…

Now i begin to understand why “VBA compiler …” is separate option in Xls padlock menu…

It is correct - “Compile to EXE” > “Build Secure application” really does not compile VBA code?

If yes, i think it should be clearly statet in documentation …

No, the VBA compiler won’t compile your entire VBA project. The guide includes an entire section dedicated to it (see screenshot below). The VBA compiler lets you create secure macros that can be invoked in your existing VBA project. But you can also prevent access to your VBA project thanks to the dedicated VBA security options (available in addition to the VBA compiler):

Thank you,

It’s shame on me, i was not attentive enough …

No problem :wink: