Exception ERegistryException in module

During my evaluation tests of XLSPADLOCK I got this message error “Exception ERegistryException in module MyApplication.exe at 01DEE814”.
This is the first time I see this message. I have made a lot of tests in many PCs and MyApplication.exe has worked well.

This is after reinstalling from zero Windows 8.1 64 bits in my PC and Office 365 32 bits. Both are updated.
I have administrator rights.

This error only appears when I run the Application .EXE file and after entering the activation key.
If I remove the option “End user must enter an activation key…” the .EXE Works well.

I think it has to do with the changes in the Windows registry.
I have executed the .EXE as administrator but the error is still there.

I have simulated the same situation in other PC (also with a new installation of Windows 8.1 64 bits and Office 365 32 bits) and the same message appears.

Anyone of you has had this situation?
Other difference with my previous tests is the Office versión. I have made the tests mainly with Office 2013 (also 2007 and 2010) and now I am using Office 365.
The .EXE application file was created with Windows 8.1 64 bits, Office 2013 32 bits and last versión of XLSPADLOCK.

Looks like some registry keys are still having user right issues, even if you have administrative rights. This is probably due to reinstalling Windows. You can use this workaround if you don’t use trial features for your compiled workbook:

The portable mode you suggest is not a solution in my case because I am using hardware-locked keys with 365 trial days.
As you mention in the manual if the user delete the .LIC file the trial days reset.

I wonder if changing from trial days to expiration date can be a better solution. I have made a test with expiration date, if the .LIC is deleted you are requested to enter again the activation code, if the date of your code has expired you are not allowed to continue. The problem is that if you change the system date to an earlier one you are allowed to open the .EXE.
So, with .LIC the clock tampering is not detected.

Going back to the user rights, I have made some tests with other programs that change the registry and all of them work well. So I wonder if this is more a problem related to the way xlspadlock manages the registry.
Any suggestion about how to try to fix this problem?
Do you think it can be related to some missing installation of windows? Which one? (this issue started after a new installation of Windows 8.1 and in 2 different PCs what is very weird).

Please send me a PM, we’ll find out together which registry key is used to store info for your workbook.