ExeOutput for PHP 2019 Released
Our updated PHP app compiler comes with PHP 7.3, Chromium 71, improved support for Code Igniter, and much more. Upgrade is strongly recommended if your maintenance is active.
What’s new in this update:
- Support for PHP 7.3. This is the sole PHP runtime that is now shipped in the main distribution. Please use the Web Update utility to install additional PHP versions.
- PHP runtimes updated to PHP 7.2.13, 7.1.25 and 5.6.39.
- Support for Chromium 71 and CEF3 branch 3578.
- Improved PHP 7.x compatibility with virtual files. Some frameworks such as CodeIgniter now detect all virtual files as expected.
- Improved support for well-known PHP projects: Open Source Point of Sale and phpBB can now be run with ExeOutput for PHP 2019.
- Fixed exec(), shell_exec(), system() problems with some commands. For instance, this one works now: echo system( ‘echo | C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmic.exe path win32_computersystemproduct get uuid’);
- Added support for Obsidium protection API. The package must be downloaded and installed with the Web Update utility.
- New option “Enable third-party Obsidium software protection API” in Output Settings.
- The internal browser now accepts URLs that contain two slashes.
- Improved audio and video playing with some JS-based players.
- By default, internal resources cannot be downloaded anymore (for instance, Download menu on default HTML5 video player). You can allow downloads by setting the global variable exointdownload to 1 at runtime (search in documentation for example).
- “Full Rebuild” now recompresses all files even if they were cached.
- Fixed: the compilation’s Cancel button did not work in some cases.
- Product and file versions are now checked against valid format (X.X.X.X).
- Fixed: unchecking “Activate TEST mode” now forces a full rebuild.
- New resource string: SMySQLServerStopError. Fixed: the corresponding MySQL server errror message wasn’t translated before.
- Can now copy database host to clipboard (MySQL server).
- Fixed crash problem with some CPUs for multi-core compression.
- Improved virtual file system.
- New Windows 10 skins.
- Updated documentation.
- Updated MariaDB MySQL server, Adminer, UPX, skin editor packages.
- Several internal improvements.
Compatibility with 2018.x projects:
When you load a project made with 2018.x, ExeOutput for PHP 2019 may ask you to download the missing PHP runtime files. In fact, only PHP 7.3 is included in the main distribution of ExeOutput for PHP 2019. Additional PHP versions (5.6, 7.1, 7.2) can be automatically downloaded and installed with the Web Update utility.
ExeOutput for PHP creates native Windows applications and software programs from websites coded in PHP and HTML. The resulting application is a stand-alone browser app that runs PHP scripts natively without requiring any PHP distribution nor web server.
Upgrade to ExeOutput 2019 requires an active maintenance. You can check your maintenance here.
Customers who own ExeOutput for PHP 1.x can review upgrade conditions.
A fully-functional Trial is available for download on our website at: