Extraction of components to Custom Folder doesn't work with directive file

Hi,
I have a project which is extracting files of components to a custom folder defined with a user path variable.
This is working fine with building from the project directly. As soon I am using a directive file, PaquetBuilder extracts not to the custom, but default directory.

The directives for the main components look like this:

[Source]
0=\DEDONSRV02\dedonfs01\Insthistory\Hotfixes\ecscad 2015\Hotfix1\AddonX64\Program Files*.*
[Main.Properties]
SourceLinked=1
SourceFolder=\DEDONSRV02\dedonfs01\Insthistory\Hotfixes\ecscad 2015\Hotfix1\AddonX64\Program Files
IncSubFolders=1
StoringPath=0
IncSubFolders=1

Note:
Apparently my target path variables of the components are deleted, if I apply the directive file to the project.
And there is no parameter to specify the variable in the directive.

Regards,
Albert

Do you use a project template in your directive?
Components don’t have target “path variables” btw. Only files can have custom destination folders.

yes, I have a project template and all files in the template have the target variable. The complete directives are like this;

[General]
ProjectTemplate=D:\ecscad\main\source\MMTInstaller\Package\ecscad2015HotfixTemplateAddon.pbpx
Title=ecscad 2015 AddonX64 - Hotfix 1
Company=Mensch und Maschine Mechatronik GmbH
[email protected]
OutputName=ecscad2015AddonX64Hotfix1.exe
OutputDir=\DEDONSRV02\dedonfs01\Insthistory\Hotfixes\ecscad 2015\Hotfix1\Selfextract
Folder=\DEDONSRV02\dedonfs01\Insthistory\Hotfixes\ecscad 2015\Hotfix1
FileDesc=ecscad 2015 AddonX64 Hotfix 1
EXEtype=1
IsWizard=1
LiveUpdate=0
FileVerNum=14.1.0.1
ProdVerNum=14.1.0.1
StorePaths=1
ShowCompSelDlg=1

[Components]
0=Database

[Source]
0=\DEDONSRV02\dedonfs01\Insthistory\Hotfixes\ecscad 2015\Hotfix1\AddonX64\Program Files*.*

[Main.Properties]
SourceLinked=1
SourceFolder=\DEDONSRV02\dedonfs01\Insthistory\Hotfixes\ecscad 2015\Hotfix1\AddonX64\Program Files
IncSubFolders=1
StoringPath=0
IncSubFolders=1

[Database.Source]
0=\DEDONSRV02\dedonfs01\Insthistory\Hotfixes\ecscad 2015\Hotfix1\AddonX64\Database*.*

[Database.Properties]
SourceLinked=1
SourceFolder=\DEDONSRV02\dedonfs01\Insthistory\Hotfixes\ecscad 2015\Hotfix1\AddonX64\Database
IncSubFolders=1
StoringPath=0
IncSubFolders=1

Both components extract into a default path, but not into the files target opath of the component. If I am using only the template project for building, the extraction is correct.

The problem is that files added with directives do not have a custom destination folder, so they are unpacked in their default destination folder. Components don’t have a custom target path, only files.

Before PB 3.3.1, there was no way to change that but we have introduced a new directive called CustomDestinationFolder.

In your case, if you add CustomDestinationFolder to:

[Database.Properties]
CustomDestinationFolder=%MYDOCDIR%

this would set %MYDOCDIR% as the custom destination folder for all files in the Database component.

Thanks a lot for this really fast reaction :smile:
I enhanced my project with some custom actions now and find this really easy to use and functional. My compliment for this software!