Feature Request: SFTP/FTP/HTTP Download Action

Hey guys. First of all, great work on this. I’ve tried a lot of installers and am very pleased with how robust and easy-to-use Paquet Builder is. Very impressive!

I was having a look at the Custom Actions and was hoping for some that supports downloading files, so that I could give my users the option to perform either an “offline install” (using the included files) or an “online install” which would use a Custom Action to perform an HTTP or SFTP download to get the latest files from a web server. I think it could be a very handy feature indeed. Also, this could work very well for a use-case in which you want to retrieve certain external dependencies (for example .NET framework, SQL Server Express, etc.) that are made available by Microsoft for download, instead of creating a large installer with these items bundled into it.

Perhaps this is already possible and I’m just missing it. Either way, let me know what you think please!

:sunglasses:

Thanks for your feedback. That’s one of the feature we planed a long time ago.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Keep up the great work! I am looking forward to future releases :slight_smile: