Forced open of XLSC

I need a option to force the EXE to open the XLSC if it exists in the same folder.
My EXE saves data that is entered by the client, saved to XLSC
I can not have the client the chance to open the original EXE and overwrite the XLSC data

I tried the batch file option to open the EXE with command line option make my clients IT nervous
Can not get a Windows shortcut to work
I can not ask my client to open via CMD each time, they have 12 different EXE files

I have a unhappy client right now, @gdgsupport @gdgdevsupport please help

Thank you

Update
I have this on but it is not opening the latest XLSC
7.2.4.1 Save changes automatically and load them without prompt next time

Try to reset data on the end user’s computer.

BTW you can also drag and drop XLSC files directly onto the EXE file in Windows Explorer and they will open.

Thank you for the relpy

Reset data? What do you mean by that?

I have since received XLSC, decrypted, updated, recompiled the files and they still are not opening the XLSC files upon opening

We need to perform a weekly audit of the data entered by the client so each week we

1. Have client copy XLSC into shared drive and delete locally
  2. We decrypt XLSC to excel file
  3. We audit data in excel file
  4. We compile updated excel file to EXE
  5. We return the EXE to client

Your case will be solved thanks to the new great feature we’ll release in the incoming XLS Padlock 2020.2. This feature allows users to only save some cell values you defined and not the entire workbook file. So that, when you update the original workbook file and ship the new EXE to customers, the latter will open the updated workbook and be able to restore cell values from their save file.

1 Like