Is there a way to disable the .xlsc file?

It saves to a different folder than the original file so users have to remember to update the file path each time. For non-tech savvy users it is very confusing/frustrating.

I have a similar problem.

Previously posted as" Save during execution defaults to old directory".

Don’t want to disable the save; just want to make sure it stays in the same path as the spreadsheet.

Good point! Yes, that would help a lot of it would save in it’s current folder! @gdgsupport @gdgdevsupport @gdgsoft

Anybody have a work-around? Starting to distribute .exe file.

What about this option? It will store the save files into the same folder as the EXE file, provided that the folder is not read-only (place the EXE into the “My Documents” or “AppData” folders for instance).

Tried it with and without the checkbox. It still goes to a much older version of the application (Checkin_1.1). I’m at my wits end to determine where this reference to Checkin)_1.1 comes from (My software is now in Checkin_1.2).

You get the screenshot above with or without the option?
With the option enabled, you can remove the history by deleting the “.dat” file in the same folder as the EXE

Strange … no dat file in that directory.

image001.jpg

Steve Glanstein

+1 (808) 423-6766

[email protected]

Notice: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please virus check all attachments to prevent widespread contamination and corruption of files and operating systems. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of the Federal Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 and similar state laws. This communication does not reflect an intention by the sender or the sender’s client or principal to conduct a transaction or make any agreement by electronic means. Nothing contained in this message or in any attachment shall satisfy the requirements for a writing, and nothing contained herein shall constitute a contract or electronic signature under the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, any version of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or any other statute governing electronic transactions.

XLS Padlock 2022 has a new way to load recent saved XLSC files. A menu is now displayed and lets users choose the file they want to load.

A user deleted an exe file from their computer along with their saved xlsc file.

They were sent a new updated EXE file and downloaded the file onto their computer, and they are getting a “Last Save file not Found. We will then load the original workbook.”

They click OK and the new EXE file does not open up and is stuck on the Window Error “Last save file not found. We will then load the original workbook.”

Please help. For If I am sending users a new updated EXE file how are they able to open up the new EXE file if the old one and old xlsc file was deleted?

Ask your customer to run the EXE file with the -load parameter.
For instance myworkbook.exe -load
Thus, the welcome screen will be displayed.
This bug will be fixed in the updated pre-release that will be sent to you tomorrow.

Where does the user enter in that information? Is it the command button?

Can a workbook be updated online for the user by the way of one drive? If so how does one put together things for distribution to update the exe file for the user using onedrive?