My Users Having to Re-Activate Before Key Expires

Hi All,

It seems my users are asking me for activation keys again, even though nothing has happened since a week ago when I gave activation keys. I have my apps hardware locked with the 2 default settings. I have noticed that each time they ask for a key, their system ID is different. Wouldn’t their system ID be the same until they get a different pc? I was gonna just save everybody’s System ID so I can send more licenses when I want. Now it seems I may have to do this manually a lot. Thoughts?

Thanks

Dan

I think I figured it out. So I had the default “MAC Address” setting turned on for hardware locking, and now when people switch over to wi-fi at the company, they can no longer use the applications and I have to keep enabling them.

So I turned off Mac Address and used the other 3.

Thanks

Dan

Yes, you found the culprit. If the Mac address changes, the system ID changes too. The solution is to avoid locking to mac address (unless you know that your customers work for instance in a company on desktop computers).

Hi @gdgsupport

I will make a new thread if you’d prefer - but kind of a follow up question to my saving woes - is there a way in VBA to save the current “xlsc” saved file. Sometimes I need to release some cached memory and clicking Save helps it to not crash before opening a big userform. However, when I put Thisworkbook.Save in the code, it prompts the user to save the xlsc file. I’d rather this happen silently if possible. Thoughts?

Thanks - and AMAZING SOFTWARE!!!

Dan

Yes, you can make XLSC files with VBA directly. See the code snippet in the user guide of XLS Padlock.