I encountered a serious problem with Paquet Builder:
My Paquet Builder-File executes the following tasks:
- copy an *.EXE into the Program-Directory (%PROGFILESDIR%…)
- creates and copies a shortcut for above to the Startmenu-folder of the current
- writes an Autostart-Entry for the EXE into Registry
Due to the above tasks, I assume that the generated Paquet Builder-EXE must run with administrator rights. So I chose under Build/exe output configuration the option Requires Administator Rights.
There are two user-accounts on the machine:
- Administrator Account (with Administrator Rights)
- Standard User Account (with Restricted Rights)
- Windows UAC is set to “confirm if a program wants to make changes”
When I run the Installer-Package under the USER-Account, I have to elevate the rights by entering the ADMINISTRATOR-password at the UAC-prompt.
The Problem is now, that the Shortcut and the Regedit-Entries were not created within the current User-Account, but within the Administrator-Account.
I consider this behavior as a bug and want to ask if there is any workaround/solution to solve this.