Questions

1- I have purchased the commercial version today, The publication i am using is is IE publication composed of pdf files and html file that acts as a menu for the PDF files, the html file is the home page and i am using IE publication. Please tell me how to use the search engine within the html home page.

(I want to add to add a text entry zone and a button with the title search in the home page (html page) where the user can enter a text and press the button to get the search probably in the left button or in a specific html page is that possible.)

2- I lost by an accident all scripts in the usermain. is there any possiblitity to get them back, do you have these scripts online, i can copy and past!

I am tring the trial version of HTML Executable 4, it is the current version of the software. It is indeed a wonderfull application, however the want to ask the following question.

1-I have a publications composed of multiple PDF files, all created with nitro-PDF creator, when these files are opened by acrobat reater bookmarks pane and page is showing on initial view however when these files are compiled by HTML Executable 4 , the initial vew contians only the page and bookmarks are not showing. I know that they can be shown upon clicking on the smal icons in the lower part of the screen on the right side, however, upon clicking on any bookmark, pages are shown very very small size (attached) and this is not the behaviour when bookmarks are clicked when the publication is opened by acrobat reader. How can i fix this. Sometimes the pages of the coressponding PDF file is first dysplayed very very smal in size when they are first shown?!

2-All web links and bookmarks links in index at the beginning of the publication that is suppose to take the reader to a specific part of the PDF file is not working when the file is compiled, however they are working in PDF reader.

3- Is it poosible to add a search text entry within the html code of the home page,probably using a java script or something.

4- WHEN A PDF file is opened, what is dysplayes in the title bar in the upper part of the publication is the name of the PDF file rather that the title of that file.

I failed to attach Apd file as it is not allowed.

I am using windows vista

1. Thank you for your questions. You can submit any PDF sample that lets us reproduce the problem by uploading it to http://demo.ovh.com/en and sending us the URL for download (by PM for instance).
    1. This will be improved in a future version.
  2. Yes, it is possible to perform a search using scripting. You’ll have to work with HEScript: create a simple procedure in UserMain that calls the built-in macro named “StartFullSearch”. See: http://www.htmlexe.com/help/scriptreference.htm

[quote]Launches a full text search in the entire publication. The Search engine must have been enabled!
The search results are displayed in the navigation panel.
procedure StartFullSearch(const Query: String; ScriptFormatName: String);[/quote]

I have uploaded the PDF file and you can download it from : http://demo.ovh.com/en/b7fcaf9ef6261cbac64f906a0a9b8bf6/

By the way i tried to bypass this problem by trying not to use the built in PDF viewer and in this case the PDF files are opened by the adobe reader, and this is not bad at all as i know that the built in PDF viewer probably can not compete with adobe reader, however what i found is that the PDF files are not indexed by the search engine. the PDF files are only indexed when the built in PDF viewer is used. Is that something intended and necessary, or just a big. Can you provide a fix for that in any future upgrade. The situation for the HTML files is different, whither the html viewer of IE is used. the html files are indexed

Actually i failed to understand and implement the scripts mentioned in the URL you refereed me to, what i want is simply the following

1-I want to write in the home HTML page the following text (Table of contents) when the user click on it the left panel is opened and the table of contents is shown, exactly as it is the case with the table of contents button

2- I want to add to add a text entry zone and a button with the title search in the home page (html page) where the user can enter a text and press the button to get the search probably in the left button or in a specific html page is that possible.

I think HEsript is only usable when the HTML viewer is used, is that true?

Sorry to repeat my questions, trually i am new to htmlexe, and i want to fully understand and try the various functions. The software is really a good one and hopefully i will buy the pro version in the very near future

Your suggestion about indexing PDF files even if the built-in PDF viewer is disabled has been added to the TODO list.

[quote]
1-I want to write in the home HTML page the following text (Table of contents) when the user click on it the left panel is opened and the table of contents is shown, exactly as it is the case with the table of contents button[/quote]

See http://www.gdgsoft.info/htmlexe-scripts/how-display-the-table-contents-with-link-t2320.html

[quote]
2- I want to add to add a text entry zone and a button with the title search in the home page (html page) where the user can enter a text and press the button to get the search probably in the left button or in a specific html page is that possible.[/quote]

This is more complicated. Several ways are possible though. Which type of publication are you using?

No, HEScript works in IE publications too and it is a good addition to JavaScript.

1. We’ll publish a sample soon.

2. Just start a new instance of HTML Executable (IE project), open the UserMain script and copy/paste.