Retrieving subscription/Licence Information

Hello. Could anyone advise whether it is possible to get subscription information with the VBA. I would like to know preferably which subscription a user is on (Same product has 1 week, 1 month and 3 month subs sold / managed online within WooCommerce Subscriptions so authentication/validation occurs at each load) or at least how many days left on the current subscription. I am aware it is possible to get the number of days remaining on a trial, but have not spotted any code that I believe will get the information I am looking for as I have not enabled the trial functionality. I am very happy to elaborate on any details if it will help.
Many Thanks in advance, Paul

2 Likes

Just to add to this, it would be great to have the licence key too.

Thanks

2 Likes

Not yet, but it’s now on our TODO list and we’ll try to add more info accessible to the VBA API.

2 Likes

Excellent, Thank you

Hello @gdgsupport - I appreciate this is now on the todo list, are you able to oconfirm likely timescales for it please. I really need to be able to identify users within my app and this functionality would solve the issue perfectly for me. Many thanks, Paul

The next incoming XLS Padlock 2022 provides a new VBA API that returns the activation token in encrypted format and optionally new fields provided by the server during the validation process. This will let you pass information to the workbook and use this in your own VBA code.

2 Likes

Any chance of allowing us to provide and retrieve text (such as a licensee name or feature code) as part of the validation?

That’s the goal of the new API. It will be possible to retrieve custom data sent by the web server. For instance, licensee name.

Could we include the custom information when we generate the activation key from the desktop? That would also be so helpful. It opens the door to an infinite number of feature codes and would allow additional security protection against unauthorized use on the same laptop.

Steve Glanstein

+1 (808) 423-6766

[email protected]

Notice: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please virus check all attachments to prevent widespread contamination and corruption of files and operating systems. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of the Federal Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 and similar state laws. This communication does not reflect an intention by the sender or the sender’s client or principal to conduct a transaction or make any agreement by electronic means. Nothing contained in this message or in any attachment shall satisfy the requirements for a writing, and nothing contained herein shall constitute a contract or electronic signature under the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, any version of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or any other statute governing electronic transactions.

Excellent. Apologies if I have missed it, but is the new API available now, or do you have an estimated release date please?

@gdgsupport Thank you very much for the new 2022.0 release - it looks like I am now able to get the subscription details (I am using woocommerce, wooCommerce integration, Woo Subscriptions) using the following code below taken from the help file, but it specifically states:

Blockquote
Please refer to the documentation of the XLS Padlock’s Activation Kit / FastSpring subscription kit / WooCommerce Integration Kit to see how to pass custom data to the workbook app during the validation process.

Can you point me to this document please. I assume I need to do something on the woocommerce side to return the subscription duration, expiry etc, but am unfortunately lost. Many Thanks in advance, Paul

Public Function ReturnValidationAdditionalServerData() Dim XLSPadlock As Object

On Error GoTo Err

Set XLSPadlock = Application.COMAddIns(“GXLSForm.GXLSFormula”).Object

ReturnValidationAdditionalServerData = XLSPadlock.PLEvalVar(“ValidationAddServerData”)

Exit Function

Err:

ReturnValidationAdditionalServerData= “”

End Function

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Sheet1.Range(“S24”) = ReturnValidationAdditionalServerData()

End Sub

Is there any way we could include the custom information when we generate the activation key from the desktop? That would also be so helpful.