I have an application protected by XLS Padlock, which has an issue with the Excel save functionality.
There are two scenarios with different behavior regarding the save functionality.
- The user starts first the protected workbook/application, e.g. myexcelapp.exe
- The user starts second an unprotected workbook, e.g. Book1.xlsx
- The user wants to save the unprotected workbook, but the "Save As" is grayed out and he has only the possibility to save his non protected workbook as a XLSC "Secure Excel Files"-type.
- The user starts first the unprotected workbook.
- The user starts second the protected workbook/application.
- The user can now save the unprotected workbook normally and the protected workbook is still protected by the wanted save as "Excel Secure Files" type.
What is the cause that the user has to start the workbooks in the correct order to keep maintaining the normal save functionality for the unprotected workbook(s)?
How can I force the wanted behavior: secure save for protected workbook and normal save for unprotected workbook?