Save option generates looped message; autosave doesn't appear to save

Challenge A:

Start process to create .exe

Erroneously select both Save options, i.e. “Always show the ‘Load previous changes’ welcome screen” and “Save changes automatically and load them without prompt next time”.

After compile, try to open .exe file. Get the following:
Error message1
Click “OK” and it keeps recurring until I cancel it with the3 finger salute and Task Manager.

Challenge B:
Select only Save options “Save changes automatically and load them without prompt next time.”

Tried to save using “File” and “Save.” No name, no error message, etc.
Restart .exe file and changes not shown.

Tried to save when exiting. No name, no error message, etc.
Restart .exe file and changes not shown.

Ideas, solutions? Is the file saved somewhere so that I can send it between clients?

The file will be saved into the local “Storage” folder: you can get its path by clicking the Explore Save Storage button. It is also possible to put save files into the same folder as the EXE: it’s in the Advanced Options of XLS Padlock.

I have the Advanced option already set to save in the same folder as the EXE file (below). When I click on “Explore Save Storage” button, it shows the correct folder. Not sure why the Advanced option doesn’t seem to work.

Then, try to untick this option.
Then, again click on “Explore Save Storage” button. It should display the AppData local folder. Verify that you don’t have some files inside that folder. Is it the case?

Unticked the "Store .DAT, license and save files in the same folder as the EXE file.
Clicked on “Ex[;lore Save Storage Folder.” Received the following:

OK, so there is no interference with the default saving option as expected.
Looks like there is a problem with portable option on and “save changes automatically and load them without prompt”. We’ll investigate.