Saving DAT, License, and save files to same folder as exe

I can’t seem to get the option to save the DAT, license, and save files to the same folder as the EXE to work when I build a “universal” (combined 32 and 64 bit executable). I’m referring to menu option Application Settings | Configure Advanced Options | Store .DAT, license and save files in the same folder as the EXE file. Whether this option is checked or not when I build my application the only files I ever see in the runtime folder are the compiled EXE file and the .eula file after the user accepts the license. If I specifically select 64 bit executable build then it does work but that’s a problem since the combined exe is so much easier to distribute. Thanks

Thanks for the report. Are you using Excel 32-bit or 64-bit on the computer you tested?

Most recent testing was done with 64-bit Excel, development is performed with 64-bit version as well.

Please also try to clear all settings using the dedicated Delete Storage Folder button. Because XLS Padlock will continue to use the default AppData folder if it was already used, even after you turn “Store .DAT, license and save files in the same folder as the EXE file” on.

Where is the “Delete Storage Folder button” accessed? I can’t find it? Thanks

Here:

Problem is fixed in XLS Padlock 2024.