Sharing violation

After I open an .exe and try to save, i get the message “Your changes could not be saved to ’ because of a sharing violation. Try saving to a different file.”

I then get a 'The file format and extension of ‘’ don’t match. The file could be corrupted or unsafe. Unles you trust its source, don’t open it. Do you want to open it anyway?"

Using Office 365 on Win 10 PC. File is saved to desktop, where I have permissions. Tried disabling Windows Defender Security. Also set up a file/folder exclusion and file extension (for both .xlsm and .exe) for Anti-virus settings. Did CCleaner on registry, files, and apps.

This is a new problem that I didn’t have before, even on .exe files that have not changed. I used to get a msgbox to save to an .xlsc file.

Any help is appreciated.

-Steve

Since you are on Windows 10, you certainly have installed the last Windows Update named “Falls Creator”. To fix your problem, you must also upgrade your XLS Padlock to the last version named 2017.0 and rebuild your EXE files. Microsoft made a LOT of internal Windows changes which can cause the “sharing violation” problem you mentioned.