Simple ZIP files no longer working

Just recompiled a project made with V2018.3 using V2019.0

Simple code and have used it since V2 release. The zip is being created, just not being downloaded and no errors produced.

$yourfile = $storagelocation.'tmp/example.zip';
$file_name = basename($yourfile);
header('Content-Description: File Transfer'); 
header('Content-Type: application/octet-stream');
header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename='.basename($yourfile));
header('Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary');
header('Expires: 0');
header('Cache-Control: must-revalidate');
header('Pragma: public');
header('Content-Length: ' . filesize($yourfile));
readfile($yourfile);
sleep (2);
unlink($storagelocation.'tmp/example.zip');
exit;

Also, about every 3-4 times during/after compile getting some silly message like this:

Cannot open file “C:\ProgramData\english101\CEF3357818600\libcef.dll”. The process cannot access the file becuase it is being used by another process.

I have nothing in code that would use the ProgramData folder?

Again, this all started when upgraded to V2019.

PLEASE, please either tell me how to downgrade to 2018.3 or get me a copy of 2019 that works. Trying to run a business and really hate to go back to Visual Studio which would take me months…

It’s probably due to the new security feature that forbids internal downloads.

To sort this problem, open the UserMain HEScript (Scripting tab), see this page for screenshots: http://www.exeoutput.com/help/addscript
and add this code to see if it helps:

procedure OnStartMainWindow;
begin
// When the main window is going to be displayed (just before the homepage is shown).
SetGlobalVar("exointdownload", "1", false);
end;

The EXE now stores CEF files in that location, and once stored, they are no more unpacked at startup, decreasing loading time. You can disable the behavior in the Application Output Settings.

Looks like another process is prevent access to your EXE (although this is its files). Are you still working with antivirus running in background?

YES! solved at least one problem today, we are making progress.

Yes, have disabled built-in windows defender (which is only virus program on laptop) every time I use V2019. Only way it will work without issues.

Will this be the normal now? Meaning, will have to add this for every compiled app which needs to internally download?

No, we’ll change the behavior so that this is limited to audio and video files. An option will also be made instead of a global variable (though the global variable will remain). The option will actually set the initial value of the global variable.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you!