[Solved] 2.2.1 Crashing when Cloning

I have cloned a project and compiled. When clicking the image I get the screen:

I try to send bug report but EXEOut opens windows built-in email software and I do not use. Maybe you should try phpmailer;)

The software I cloned did not have this issue.

The cloned version compiles fine with no errors but attempting to open exe directly get error:

“the application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.”

I see no errors at all, just the cryptic message when trying to access exe directly?

If the error reporting system can’t connect to the Internet (for instance, if access is blocked by a firewall), the default email client is started.
The error message is related to the manifest. Check the app title field whether you don’t have some unusual characters. See also the “Resources” page in ExeOutput for version info. if everything is fine.

1 Like

I do not have it blocked but maybe windows does.

My issue appears to be a random character in Resources/Product Number. I did not place it there or at least not on purpose. Simply cloned the project. Maybe I fat fingered something when changing output settings.

Anyway, thank you and now all good.