Split by blank lines

I want to split a large text file which has chunks of text separated by blank lines. Each split should be after the blank line and the name of the split file should be the first line after the blank line. Can gsplit do this?

If yes…how :smiley:

Try a combination for the pattern like 0x0D0x0A0x0D0x0A
http://www.gdgsoft.com/gsplit/help/SplitByLinesOccurrences.htm
For the filename, this feature does not work however.

Hello,

I am a new user of GSplit, and I want to do the same as you concerning splitting according to blank lines only.
Did you succeed ?
In fact I tried pattern 0x0D0x0A0x0D0x0A and it didn’t work I got following error message:
“GSplit searched for the pattern you entered and did not find it in the source file (or the number of occurrences is too high). Please check your pattern or use another mode for splitting this file. Cannot continue.”

Can someone tell me if it is normal and if it is possible to do it another way ?

Thanks in advance.

Delphine

[quote=“dauphina14”]Hello,

I am a new user of GSplit, and I want to do the same as you concerning splitting according to blank lines only.
Did you succeed ?
In fact I tried pattern 0x0D0x0A0x0D0x0A and it didn’t work I got following error message:
“GSplit searched for the pattern you entered and did not find it in the source file (or the number of occurrences is too high). Please check your pattern or use another mode for splitting this file. Cannot continue.”

Can someone tell me if it is normal and if it is possible to do it another way ?

Thanks in advance.

Delphine[/quote]

If you specified the number of lines, try reducing them like say to a 10th of what you specifed. Number of files may increase, no doubt. But that’s a small price.

Or try only 0x0D0x0A
or 0x0D
or 0x0A