Woocommerce subscriptions: which solution is better for safety?

Hello everybody,
I have a question about the better solution to use to sell a protected workbook with a woocomerce subscription.

I see there are two ways of doing that:

1. specifying the duration of the subscription in the json file, setting the keymaxdays parameter and setting the duration of the subscription in the woocommerce product;

2. specifying the duration of the subscription only in the woocommerce product, without specifying anything for keymaxdays int he json file;

The pro of solution (2) is that, whit automatic subscription renewal, the user doesn’t have to insert again the activation key.

In the solution (1) indeed the user must insert the activation key at every renewal of the subscription.

In my opinion the solution (2) can avoid the user to contact you because he lost his activation code, so it means less effort to answer customer requests. But my question is: is it a safe solution?

Which solution is better in your opinion?

Thanks

Marco

The best secure option is to specify the duration of the subscription only in the woocommerce product and use the online validation feature of XLS Padlock (not necessarily at each startup but regularly). That’s really the sole secure way, as nobody can tamper your web server contrary to a local expiration date (which is saved locally and thus there is always an insecurity left).

Ok, so if I understand well, it is not needed to specify the parameter keymaxdays in the json file, isn’t it?

Exactly, you can specify it but leave the value to empty.