A major release of our Excel copy-protection and workbook security software is now available!
We recommend all users to upgrade if their maintenance hasn’t expired.
Go to http://www.xlspadlock.com for further information and downloads.
- Initial support for Excel 2016 preview (retail and Office 365), both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Applications are officially compatible with Windows 10.
- New: support for alpha-blended PNG images - non-rectangular splash screens. Use 32-bit PNG to benefit from semi-transparency.
- New option “Prevent access to VBA editor” in addition to “Lock VBA Project”.
- New: you can set a maximum version of Excel compatible with your workbook.
- New: you can display a nag screen for trial versions. The nag screen can also show remaining evaluation time for instance.
- New “show nag screen” option in activation key generator.
- New VBA API to suggest save filenames.
- New VBA API to save encrypted Excel workbooks from VBA.
- Improved expiration date algorithm.
- Updated compression routines to make loading faster.
- Improved loading time and formula protection.
- New troubleshooting options available for advanced users and specific workbooks.
- New option Perform a workbook recalculation at startup (formula protection troubleshooting).
- New: a “Purchase Key Online” button can be displayed on the nag screen, opening the user’s web browser to a dedicated page and passing the unique system ID.
- Fixed “Custom UI XML” error(s) when loading workbooks.
- Fixed “The password you entered is not correct” error while loading workbooks with specific locale.
- Fixed Enky SL dongles month expiration date bug.
- Fixed access violation error when application title was set to “MY APPLICATION%SAVEFILENAME%” for instance.
- Updated user guide.
- Minor improvements.