Our Excel workbook protection software has been updated with several new features. Enjoy!
We recommend all users to upgrade if their maintenance hasn’t expired.
Go to http://www.xlspadlock.com for further information and downloads.
What’s new in v2.1:
- Full support for Excel 2016 (retail and Office 365), both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- New License Agreement or EULA dialog box at startup: you can display your own End User License Agreement before opening the compiled workbook. End users must accept this agreement once prior to using the workbook.
- New “Use faster compression algorithm” feature: use it if you prefer to give priority to workbook loading speed rather to EXE size.
- New “Prevent loading/saving other workbooks” security feature.
- XLS Padlock is now accessible from the Excel context menu if your Excel workbook is configured to hide all ribbons.
- New French and Dutch languages.
- New Advanced Option: Show Developer Tab.
- New Advanced Option (for users who get ERegistryException error): Use another registry key for storing activation data.
- New VBA API to save non encrypted workbooks.
- New VBA API to detect if the secured worbook is in trial state or not.
- Fixed: “Save As” dialog not expected in Excel 2007.
- Fixed: when “ribbons and toolbars” are disabled, table and picture ribbons were still visible.
- Updated VBA code snippets in the user guide to avoid the “Subscript out of range” VBA error.
- Enhanced user guide.
- Minor improvements.