XLS Padlock 2018.1 released
XLS Padlock 2018.1, our Excel workbook security software, can now build Universal application EXE files: one single EXE file for both 32-bit and 64-bit Excel versions. And much more! Upgrade is recommended for registered users with an active maintenance.
What’s new in 2018.1
- New additional VBA helper functions to pass more parameters to compiled VBA code.
- Updated user guide with several new sections. For example: how to correctly apply some protection features.
- Improved speed of VBA compiler for large VBA code files.
- Improved error message if a Universal EXE can’t start the 64-bit mode for Excel 64-bit (for instance, if a security software prevents it).
- Fixed: the ‘Every X days’ option in validation did not always display the X field.
- Minor improvements.
What’s new in 2018
- XLS Padlock can build Universal application EXE files: one single EXE file for both 32-bit and 64-bit Excel versions, but larger. The same EXE file will work with any Excel 32-bit or 64-bit version.
- New ability to build separate 32-bit and 64-bit EXE files at the same time.
- You can now cancel the “load previous save” dialog box.
- New option to always show a welcome screen, even if no save was previously made on the computer.
- You can now import and export VBA code from/to files in the XLS Padlock’s VBA compiler.
- Online Validation can be configured to occur only when an active Internet connection is available.
- New validation by number of days after activation.
- You can now specify a custom UI file that will be applied to the secure Excel instance (ExcelUI XML format), useful to offer your own ribbon for instance.
- Fixed: EXE won’t save the *.eula and *.lic files to the current folder of the EXE file.
- Fixed: “ReadSystemID” VBA extension returns different system ID than expected in 64-bit mode.
- Fixed: Clear Activation Data doesn’t remove .lic if portable mode.
- Fixed: activation and validation dialog boxes were not correctly translated.
- Fixed: error “corrupted data received from application” if title has non-English characters.
- Fixed: “SaveSecureWorkbookToFile” VBA extension failed if “Allow save but do not handle loading/saving” was enabled.
- Improvement: XLS Padlock now checks whether companion files exist during compilation.
- Updated user guide (with new changes and new VBA code about how to retrieve number of remaining days in trial mode).
- Minor core improvements.
XLS Padlock is software for protecting your Excel workbooks, VBA code and formulas.
XLS Padlock works as an Excel compiler that allows you to turn your Excel workbooks into secure applications (XLS to EXE). A lot of security options and customization possibilities. Learn more about our Excel workbook protection software.
Free fully-functional trial available at https://www.xlspadlock.com/download
More information at https://www.xlspadlock.com