False positive from AVG

Hi GDG,

I just left a note on your tech support and wish to pass it on here as well. Today my AVG has started detecting your HTMLexe generated files as Generic Trojans. Maybe you could whitelist the application with AVG? I have sent them a message as well although my files are too large to upload as examples.

Regards,

Graeme Hall

Do you know the name of the false virus AVG detected? We’ll contact them too.

Trojan horse Generic38.QXN

Hi GDG,

Any news on this one?

Only files created with the latest build of HTMLexe are being flagged by AVG. The previous files do not seem to have a problem.

Here are the three AVG messages I am receiving.

Cheers,

Charco

Be sure to disable your AVG when building EXE files.

You can report the false positive here:
https://secure.avg.com/submit-sample

We also contacted AVG about this problem.

This is not a small problem. It is preventing me working with HTMLexe and developing compilations that I have been working on for several years.

The AVG flag appeared only a week or so ago. Any update on a possible solution?

Charco

Chiming in to confirm I have the same problem. I’m currently using the trial version to test HTML Executable, and it’s just what I’m looking for. But something like this makes it unusable for my company, as it will bog down support to no end with customers getting FP virus alerts. Hopefully it will get sorted soon.

I have submitted a sample file generated by the latest build of HTMLexe to virustotal which gave a Positive for 16/54 AntiVirus companies !!

SHA256: 0d4905f55823a93f487233d3239ce08b4e9a93ccf5e35d8f2591e432182c72ca

I have generated a small compiled file and sent it to AVG.

Let’s hope …

We have released HTML Executable 4.9, it is clear from AVG false positives and it should be OK now. Please try the upgrade.
We’re also in touch with several antivirus companies now and several of them are trying to fix their antivirus programs regarding EXE files made with HTML Executable.
Thank you BTW for having reported the sample to AVG, the more samples sent, the better because they are more likely to study what could be wrong.