We didn't see any additional error code (besides the "-1" which is general, I guess) and there is no log from previous install since we always start from a clean situation. Here is the test sequence:
1. The computer boots and starts Windows 8.1
2. The task scheduler launches our Paquet Builder installer from the command-line at log on (we use automatic log on). Note that our installer is launched from the local account's Temp folder, I don't know if this might be a problem or not.
3. The error sometimes occurs here and blocks the process.
4. Some tests are executed.
5. Our Paquet Builder installer is launched from the command-line to uninstall the package, + some cleanup.
6. The computer is restarted
We are currently performing a test with Automatic Maintenance disabled, as explained here:
We suspect that some tasks from Automatic Maintenance might access file and or folders among which our Paquet Builder installer files. We haven't seen the problem after one week, but it is infrequent, so we'll check further during a couple of weeks to be sure it no longer occurs.
Did you have any feedback of other Paquet Builder issues due to Automatic Maintenance under Windows 8.1?