Unexpected Error while loading protected workbook when opening file via VBA

Sure, please send to INFO at xlspadlock.com with subject “XLS Padlock XPLP project file”.

Thank you @gdgsupport . I emailed yesterday, so please let me know if you don’t receive or you need anything else from me.

Yes, we got it. Do you think it is also possible for you to send us your EXE file? On wetransfer.com for instance?

No problem at all @gdgsupport . Just uploading now so you should receiveit in the next few minutes. Please let me know if you don’t receive it. Many Thanks, Paul

We received your files. Thanks again!

Morning @gdgsupport . Were you able to get anywhere with the issue please?

It’s scheduled for the next update of XLS Padlock (2023) but, since it will be a big release, it may take some time as we are improving the internal loading (which is also the source of your problem).

OK, thank you for letting me know @gdgsupport . Do you have a rough idea of when the release is most likely to be? Are we talking weeks or months? Thank you

More weeks than months. We’re adding deactivation to XLS Padlock so there is a lot of additional work.

Brilliant. Thanks so much for the confirmation.

1 Like

Hello @gdgsupport, is there any update on this please?

Unfortunately, we are currently heavily focused on the release of our new HTML Executable version and XLS Padlock new update will follow soon afterward. We appreciate your understanding and patience in this matter.

Hello @gdgsupport Back in March you suggested this had been scheduled to be fixed. Is it still on your roadmap, and if so, what are the timescales please? Other XLS Padlock users are raising issues over the loading screen prompt, and once this bug is fixed, it will allow myself and others to avoid the loading prompt, which is confusing to all my users. I have been experiencing increasing pressure from within my business to find an alternative solution to XLS Padlock, as this is now causing us too many problems. Many Thanks, Paul

We still haven’t released the final version of HTML Executable, fixing some minor issues reported by our customers. But it is coming.

Hi @gdgsupport Only me again with my monthly, friendly plead to see how you are getting on with the bug fix I logged in the beginning of January. I really don’t want to move to a different solution, but 8 months and still no timescales is not great. Sadly I can’t delay this indefinitely. Please can I have a meaningful update? Back in March you were suggesting it was “More weeks than months” till the release.

Yes, our XLS Padlock 2023 update is bigger than expected, so it is taking more time too. Sadly, we are postponing the release too.

Hi @gdgsupport , I just received notification that you released a new version of CLS Padlock. Can you confirm whether this issue has been resolved please? Many Thanks, Paul

Several issues were resolved in XLS Padlock 2024. Since we could not reproduce your problem exactly, we can only suppose that it was fixed. In our internal TODO list, the engineer also wrote about your issue that you should try to disable “Only allow one instance of the protected workbook” if you are using it.

I brought this issue to your attention about 12 months ago. Despite my efforts to assist by providing my XPLP for testing and offering to demonstrate the issue through both a video and a meeting, the resolution of the problem sounds like it is unresolved.

In your communication on January 23, 2023, you mentioned that the issue had been identified and would be resolved in the next version, which I have patiently awaited. However, it is disconcerting to learn that there is now uncertainty about whether the problem has been addressed, as you mentioned difficulty replicating it. This is particularly frustrating given the extended delay in the release of the new version.

Moreover, as a paying customer who invested in maintenance until late July 2023, I expected updates and resolutions to be included within this period. Unfortunately, I have not received any meaningfuil updates (excluding other products were getting priority) pertaining to the issue I raised in January, rendering the maintenance subscription much less beneficial than anticipated.

I still value the potential of XLSPadlock and acknowledge its positive impact on our application. Nevertheless, persistent issues, especially the one in question, have compelled me to progressively exclude certain XLSPadlock functionalities over time.