Error message from a product made in captivate

Hello HTML Executable forum members,

I have been creating E-learning courses with Adobe captivate for a while. I want to ensure that the executable versions created can be protected and activated on a PC. The actually courses seems to work well apart from the error message (see below) which always appears.

I would be very grateful for any guidance on the matter.

Tom

Adobe Captivate

This browser does not support some of the content in the file you are trying to view. Use one of the following browsers:Internet Explorer 9 or later
Safari 5.1 or later
Google Chrome 17 or later
Firefox undefined or later

Which version of HTMLEXE are you using? And on which Windows version?

Hello and thank you for the prompt response.

I am using HTMLXE version 4.9.1 and Windows 10.

Tom.

Hi Tom,

Which version of captivate are you using? Are you publishing your project as HTML5 or Flash? Are you using any particular 3rd party addons?

Hi Tom,

So today is your lucky day. I was planning to do a captivate project soon, so I took interest in this issue. I’m using Captivate 2017 release and I was able to reproduce this problem. Looks like whatever mess of a script Adobe people are using fails to communicate with IE activeX inside HTMLEXE project.

Here’s how to solve it:

Go inside captivate installation folder and find a file named: AdobeCaptivate.ini

Then change the following value from 0 to 1:

SuppressIncompatibleBrowserMessage = 1

Let us know how it goes.

Arman

P.S. GDG Soft guys we’re still eagerly waiting for HTMLEXE 2018. Dealing with clients’ IE problems and HTML5 is really nasty. I personally beg you guys to release HTMLEXE 2018 as fast as you can. btw IE sucks, it’s not your problem.

Hello Arman,

Thank you very much. It was definitely my lucky day.

You have provided a very easy and elegant solution to this problem and it works!
I am about to move to Captivate 2017. This delay of transition is due to the fact I was in various stages of producing projects in Captivate 9 which needed to be finished quickly.

I agree with you, an update for HTMLEXE is needed.

Once again, thank you.

Tom

No problem. Glad I was able to help :smile: