HTML Executable 4.9.2 is available
Turn your websites, HTML and PDF files into secure ebooks or apps for Windows. This new release of our ebook compiler comes with faster ebook compilation, improvements for Windows 10 April 2018 Update, possibility to forbid virtual PDF printers and much more… Upgrade is highly recommended if your maintenance is still active.
Changes in version 4.9.2
- Improvements for Windows 10 April 2018 update.
- Faster compression method for more responsive ebooks.
- Forbid virtual printers for PDF files: HTML Executable detects almost all PDF virtual printers, so that you can forbid them while still allowing real printers. Only for PDF files displayed with the built-in PDF viewer.
- More operations of HTML Executable (such as external file encryption…) are now multi-threaded, HTML Executable does not appear stuck anymore.
- New HEScript event in UserMain script: OnWebUpdateNewVersionFound. This event occurs when a new version is detected by the web update feature at publication startup.
- HTML Executable now properly reads BOM to detect specific encoding before parsing files. For instance, Chinese characters in some HTML and PDF files are now properly detected and indexed.
- The global password generator now avoids confusing characters such as I, L, l, 0 and O.
- Self-Extracting publications are now compatible with Microsoft Edge as default browser.
- Improved behavior of compiled PHP apps on multiple monitor setups. Be sure to disable “Always center the window” option in old projects.
- Fixed: search results always show “0” occurrence(s) for PDF files with special character set.
- Fixed: Windows notifications sometimes generate false error reports.
- Fixed: clicking Help could sometimes freeze the GUI.
- Fixed: some PDF files were not correctly indexed by the search engine.
- Fixed: “Encrypt External Files” now creates the destination folder if it does not exist.
- Fixed: random error message “Can’t allocate the DIB handle”.
- Removed slow PPMD compression method.
- Updated skin engine, virtualization engine, PDF viewer engine and several internal components.
Compatibility for projects made with previous versions of HTML Executable
Runtime modules for version 4.9.2 are compatible with publications made by versions 4.9.X, 4.8 but not compatible with publications made with previous versions of HTML Executable (4.7 and lower).
Thanks to HTML Executable, create attractive ebooks, full-featured HTML applications and software, reliable Rich Internet applications, presentations, digital publications, custom web browsers, CD autoruns, demonstrations, offline documentation and compact archives for easier, efficient and secure distribution of your contents.