Install file crashes

I had a previous version of xlspadlock (2.3.1) installed on my machine but was experiencing #NAME error with formula protection. I noticed that there was a newer version of the software available so I uninstalled my current version and downloaded a more recent copy of the software. As soon as I try to run the install exe the program crashes. I get the same message and crash for both versions 2.5 and 2.4.

Are you using some security software?

My company uses Carbon Black, formerly Bit9 software for security.

While running the install application, the Microsoft firewall pops up first, which is accepted.

[/uploads/default/original/1X/3d5a0d3c48e912392c2995d0f2fd3ae791c39ed6.png]

The previous version(2.3.1) which was installed before on this machine, would prompt Bit9 for approval. I went through our normal approval process and it was accepted and installed.

Versions 2.4.0 and 2.5.0 both arrive at the following prompt.
[/uploads/default/original/1X/17df446e93704af21dd4bc770519a65e0cc3e339.png]

Regards,
Mark Ohlrich
Senior Designer
Industrial Process
240 Fall Street | Research & Development | Seneca Falls, NY 13148
tel: +1 315 568 4078

Try to contact support of Carbon Black and send us the EXE file that crashes due to their software.

I ran a test this morning by downloading the latest xlspadlocksetup32.exe (2.5.0) to another machine in my office that did not have any previous version of the software loaded to it. I ran the program and immediately it was flagged by Carbon Black as an unknown entity requiring approval. This is how it should be acting on my machine but it crashes before I can get to this approval phase. I think there is something remaining on my machine from the previous version that is blocking a fresh install.

Is there some sort of registry cleanup or a script file that I could run before trying to execute the install?

Regards,
Mark Ohlrich
Senior Designer
Industrial Process

Please try with our new XLS Padlock 3. If you still get a crash, you can do this:
use 7-Zip to open the xlspadlocksetup32.exe and unpack files such as .MSI, .CAB to a folder. Then run the .MSI file to launch the Setup Wizard manually.

I downloaded the latest version 3.0.0 and ran the installer. Our security service prompted the expected warning and I was able to approve it. The application was installed to my system and launched properly. Thank you so much for your effort with resolving this issue!!

Regards,
Mark Ohlrich
Senior Designer
Industrial Process

Good news! Thanks for the update.