Microsoft Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE action

Hello
Does anyone know either how to allow the user to prompt for the other OLE action to be completed. It occurs when the VBA code is calling Outlook in order to send emails.

On some rare occasions I’ve seen a dialogue box appear – but so rare I cannot remember what it was about. However selecting the dialogue’s OK tends just to repeat the process and Cancel does tend to close. Another issue is that the process can take a good thirty seconds before the message appears so the user believes nothing is happening or the system has frozen (me included).

The problem does not appear to be limited to when Outlook is already opened nor closed. If you abort then you are generally forced to use Task Manager to close things.

For clarity the issue is in the Excel Workbook – not the compiled exe – the latter awaiting testing.
Any suggestions welcomed. Thank you.

Dave

Try this: solution Test if Outlook is open and open Outlook with VBA

Unfortunately does not identify the cause of the error or the OLE event awaiting to be completed.

For example if the User has more than one Outlook Profile and needs to choose between them, then when opening the dialogue box will open but is unresponsive. But that is just one instance. The problem seems to appear regardless of whether Outlook is open or not and thus even if checked you are none the wiser as to the cause and solution. As mentioned VBA is used to open Outlook in a controlled manner.
Thanks anyway.

Ok I have some code to identify and select the required user profile.
I will check my code library when I have some time.