Saving other workbooks from vba

i want to generate reports in xls format from my code . i want to save these files as normal excel files . i added following code given at point not 11.8 of xlspadlock user guide

Dim xlspadlock As Object
Set xlspadlock = Application.COMAddIns(“GXLS.GXLSPLock”).Object
xlspadlock.setoption option:=“1”, Value:=“1”

however i get following error meesage

run time error ‘9’
Subscript out of range at line no 2 of above code

please help

The code snippet is incomplete. From the guide:
You have to trap such a runtime error 9 because the xlspadlock object is not available before you compile your workbook with XLS Padlock.

have done the trapping . the reports gets generated and get saved as normal save . however even after saving the workbook generated as normal excel files . a dialog box open for secure save
code used by me is as follows

fs = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(inm, " (*.xls), .xls")
gs = ActiveWorkbook.Path
gs1 = WorksheetFunction.Concat(gs, “\gtsr”)
Workbooks.Add (gs1)
Set sws = ActiveWorkbook
On Error Resume Next
xlspadlock.setoption option:=“1”, Value:=“1”
sws.SaveAs Filename:=CStr(fs)
sws.Close
xlspadlock.setoption option:=“1”, Value:=“0”

the workbook i generated from vba code got saves as normal excel file successfully . however after that above window asking for secure save opens unnecessarily . Please resolve

Please look into the matter

Your code is incomplete. The definition of the xlspadlock object is missing: see our code in previous post.

I have included the definition at module level

i have included following code at module level
since i need to generat excel sheets from two different subs

Public xlspadlock As Object

the code is otherwise working fine , the excel reports i am generating are getting saved as normal excel file. only problem is opening of un required secure save window

Please resolve

please see the matter and resolve

when i have copied the code given in your guide the excel genrated gets saved as normal excel file
after that a secure save dialouge box opens which user have to cancel to move further

As explained, if the dialog box still pops up, that means the setoption wasn’t called. DO not define the xlspadlock object globally but locally just before using it.