Search results in special target

Hi,

Is there a possibility to load the content of single search results when clicking in a named frame target?

My site is built in a frame structure and I would like to have the content of single search result links displayed within the main target frame.

Thanks for any hint.

Regards,
Feechen

In IE publications, this is possible: in HTMLExe, go to User Interface (http://www.htmlexe.com/help/userinterface.htm), choose IE Browser and fill in the name of your frame in SearchFrameTarget

Hi,

I use the HTML viewer. Isn’t there any possibility to do so in the HTML viewer either?

Regards,
Feechen

I’m afraid that this is not available in HTML viewer publications due to the limitation of the HTML viewer engine. Maybe in the future.

Hi, It looks like this question was asked quite awhile ago. But since it was answered with “maybe in the future,” I’m wondering if there is now a way to display search results in a designated target frame, in HTMLviewer. My publication has three interactive HTML frames (Left, Center, Right). Links in the Center frame show in Left or Right as individually targeted, or according to a “base target” designator in the header of individual pages. When a link to search a result file is clicked, I would like it to show in the Right window (rather than replacing the frame structure). If the Navigation window (that displays the search results) could accept a designator, perhaps this would happen… or, if there was a script that could modify the search link(s) from to … it would be do-able.

Thanks for your help!

Oops… My previous post included some carrots, which hid the text. I replace the carrots with brackets { } this time… Sorry!Hi,
It looks like this question was asked quite awhile ago. But since it
was answered with “maybe in the future,” I’m wondering if there is now a
way to display search results in a designated target frame, in
HTMLviewer. My publication has three interactive HTML frames
(Left, Center, Right). Links in the Center frame show in Left or Right
as individually targeted, or according to a “base target” designator in
the header of individual pages. When a link to search a result file is
clicked, I would like it to show in the Right window (rather than
replacing the frame structure). If the Navigation window (that
displays the search results) could accept a {base target=“Right”}
designator, perhaps this would happen… or, if there was a script that
could modify the search link(s) from {a href=“searchresultfile.htm”} to
{a href=“searchresultfile.htm” target=“right”} it would be do-able.Thanks for your help!

No, the HTML viewer engine still doesn’t handle that, and we are not focused on improving it. Actually, it will be replaced by the Chromium engine in HTML EXE version 5.

While I am disappointed, I do appreciate your quick reply.
Thank you!