Hi from a newbie,
I want to split a 4TB file on a 8TB USB drive and copy the pieces to two other 3.7TB USB drives.
So my plan is to make 3 pieces 1.3TB each. If the first pice ist completed on the first target USB drive, I will move it to the second target USB drive so there will be enough space left on the first target USB drive for the two other parts.
I noticed the following behaviour:
- gsplit scannes through the file (3hours)
- Gsplit starts to create part 2 on the target drive and scans again/further (3hours)
- Gsplit starts to create part 3 on the target drive and scans again/further (3hours)
- part 2 is moved to the second target drive
- Gsplit starts to create part 1 (3hours)
So far so good!
But I have two questions:
Does it work well to rebuilt the files on a big enough drive?
Is there an easier way to do this job?
Thanks in advance