Ssh2 - how to implement in executable

How does one go about implementing ssh2 in ExeOutput for windows. I use phpseclib 1.0.7 with php 5.6 on a Linux server. I would like to compile a small comm app for window to query the Linux system using ssh2. I can do this now Linux to Linux but I don’t know how I go about moving the functions to a Windows executable.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Download the PHP extension here:
https://windows.php.net/downloads/pecl/releases/ssh2/1.1.2/php_ssh2-1.1.2-7.1-nts-vc14-x86.zip
Unzip php_ssh2.dll and place it into the “PHPRuntime7\ext” folder of ExeOutput.
Start a new project in ExeOutput, go to PHP Setting, choose PHP 7.1.
Then, in “PHP Extensions”, enable php_ssh2.dll.
The functions should now be recognized by your ExeOutput app.

Thanks for the reply.

I did as suggested above and this is what I get back:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘php_ssh2.dll’ (tried: C:\Users\donbar\PhpstormProjects\Compile\Data\ext\php_ssh2.dll (The specified module could not be found.), C:\Users\donbar\PhpstormProjects\Compile\Data\ext\php_php_ssh2.dll.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0

The dll is there as well as in the ExeOutput ext folder.
I am obviously not understanding something here.

Thanks again.

Yes, you didn’t understand

You had to put your extension to every used php directory extension folder eg

C:\Program Files (x86)\ExeOutput for PHP 2018\PHPRuntime72\ext

Then after restard exeoutput compiler this extension shows up in extension module, where you need to compile it in your application like eg curl

I have the php_ssh2.dll in the correct folder as was instructed in the first message and it is enabled in the extension list.

I continue to get the following error:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘php_ssh2.dll’ (tried: C:\Users\donbar\PhpstormProjects\Compile\ext\php_ssh2.dll (The specified module could not be found.), C:\Users\donbar\PhpstormProjects\Compile\ext\php_php_ssh2.dll.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0

Why is it looking for the dll in C:\Users\donbar\PhpstormProjects\Compile\ext\
and
where does this come from: C:\Users\donbar\PhpstormProjects\Compile\ext\php_php_ssh2.dll.dll

I have the absolute path for virtual data set to C:\Users\donbar\PhpstormProjects\Compile\

Don’t activate “absolute path” yet: this will only add complexity to your project.

Just tested SSH2 extension and SSH2 functions are correctly recognized once the extension is enabled:

I set up a completly new project with only one file to compile. I enable ssh2 in the php extensions (as I have done all along). I did not make any other changes. Then I compiled.
The following is the file list generated.

Adding PHP runtime components

• Php extensions
    o php_ssh2.dll compiled
  • php.ini
  • PHP ExeOutput extension
  • PHP opcache extension
  • ExeOutput internal extension

Notice that in your test a dependency is include: libeay32.dll. It is not in my list.
When I run the program I still get the same error:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘php_ssh2.dll’ (tried: C:\Users\donbar\Documents\Data\ext\php_ssh2.dll (The specified module could not be found.), C:\Users\donbar\Documents\Data\ext\php_php_ssh2.dll.dll (The specified module could not be found.)) in Unknown on line 0

Maybe left field advice, but have you tried compiling with the php_openss.dll ?

Thanks for the advice but no go. Same result.

Where is EXOPHPDATAPATH defined? It is not in my system variables.

One More Try !

Project Path:
C:\Users\donbar\Documents\TestCompile2\

Configuaration
php Version 5.6
php_ssh2.dll USED:compile into the EXE
No changes to the ini

Compile Result:
Adding PHP runtime components

• Php extensions
    o php_ssh2.dll compiled
    o dependency libssh2.dll compiled
  • php.ini
  • PHP ExeOutput extension
  • PHP opcache extension
  • ExeOutput internal extension

Compilation Successful
ExeOutput has successfully built your application.
Path to Application File: C:\Users\donbar\Documents\InterfaceAPI.exe
File Size: 7.5 MiB, 7916725 byte(s).

Execution Results:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘C:\Users\donbar\Documents\Data\ext\php_ssh2.dll’ - The specified procedure could not be found.

My Question is still the same. Why is it trying to load the dll from ‘C:\Users\donbar\Documents\Data\ext’ ? If it is compiled into the executable why is it trying to load it at all?

It’s the error you made: you forgot to change to PHP 7.1. The extension indicated in the 1st post is for 7.1 and not 5.6. Otherwise, PHP won’t load it.

Ok. I stand corrected. Changing it to 7.1 worked. Thank you for your patience.