Unvisible XlsPadlock files

Hi,

I’m useing for all of my project’s the “Save changes automatically and load them without prompt next time”, and I’m wondering, can you add to the XLS padlock a CheckBox function that Unvisible all of the extra files that automaticly created after the first save(.XLSC,DAT).

You see, because I’m NOT leting my end user to manage “versions of saving files” and actually I’m forcing him to use 1 version I need a maximum protection on his information.

If you can add this function it will be amazing.

Thank you very much.

Do you mean you want to mark all save files with hidden attribute?

Yes, I want that the .XLSC and the DAT file’s will be hidden for my end user that way there is less chance that he will delete these file’s.

Can you do it ?

We added your request to our TODO list.

Whan do you think you can publish it ? because I have a workbook that I need this function.

Perfect software and customer serves.

Unfortunately not immediately. But we have several projects that are under work currently and an update to XLS Padlock is one of them.

Hello I read again our correspondence and I want to make sure that my wish was understood.

The .XLSC and the DAT file’s should be automaticly unvisible for my end user after he start to use my file.

Whan do you think (more/less) you will publish this update ?

Thank you.

Making files hidden would be problematic now but there is a workaround: place the EXE file in a read-only location such as Program Files (for instance, you can use our installer software Paquet Builder to create an installer that does this) and the XLSC and DAT files will be stored in a hidden location on the computer (hidden for normal users, in the AppData folder).

I just upgraded the xls padlock to the last version and I am planning to buy also your Paquet Builder app, but this still don’t solve my issue because sometimes I distribute my files on usb stick or I don’t want the user to install my file with a MSI

With Paquet Builder, you can install files in the Program Files directory. No need of a MSI file.