Woocommerce 2019 kit wont support variations workbooks

Hello,

I have a huge issue with the Woocommerce 2019 kit, i’m half a way to move all my products to the Woocommerce 2019 kit from the previous, and now I see I that I dont have the ability to create a variation that every variation is a different workbook…

I have a product that one variaion of this product is “basic” and cost X and one is a “pro” variation is cost Y, in that case I cant load the two variation because the JSON file is handels only the variation “usehardwarelocking”, “maxactivperorder”, “keymaxdays”, “shownagscreen”, and actually it should also need to handel variation “title”, “xlspadlockprivatekey”, “xlspadlockmasterkey”.

so insted of this:

"products": {
       "31": {
                 "title": "My workbook title",
                 "xlspadlockprivatekey": "{a04deb75-5288-4e0d-9254-58d44b63ecd4}",
                 "xlspadlockmasterkey": "765DEB91C5886835F7E8740E72",
                 "variations": {
                            "32": {
                                    "usehardwarelocking": 1,
                                    "maxactivperorder": 2,
                                    "keymaxdays": 180,
                                     "shownagscreen": 0
                                    },
                            "33": {
                                     "keymaxdays": 10,
                                     "maxactivperorder": 1,
                                      "shownagscreen": 1
                                     }
                          }
                  }
           }

}

its need to be somthing like this:

"products": {
       "31": {
                 "variations": {
                            "32": {
                                    "title": "My workbook title",
                                    "xlspadlockprivatekey": "{}",
                                    "xlspadlockmasterkey": "123",
                                    },
                            "33": {
                                    "title": "My workbook title PRO VERSION",
                                    "xlspadlockprivatekey": "{}",
                                    "xlspadlockmasterkey": "456",
                                     }
                          }
                  }
           }

}

and for example in the pro version workbook in the xls padlock insted of this:
https://www.mywebsite.com/wordpress/activation/getactivation/31

it will be :
https://www.mywebsite.com/wordpress/activation/getactivation/31/33/

I thought maybe to give the two versions the same “title”, “xlspadlockprivatekey”, “xlspadlockmasterkey”, but then end user can buy the cheap version and activate the pro version.

right now I dont know what to do because half my product is in the new woocommerce and half in the previous (in the previous i had 2 folders, one for the basic product version and one for the pro)

what can I do please ?

First of all, did you install the fix of MainController.php we sent you through the support ticket?

Yes I did, and the previous problem has been resolved.

when I say “previous problem” of course I meant the issue with the “MainController.php” that you sent me, this problem resolved.
but this topic issue is still relevant, and i’m waiting to hear from you on this subject :slight_smile:

In your case, two variations One for the basic and one for the pro are correct. You can still create two different EXE files and use different parameters (and of course different activation URLs).
The new workbooks.json way is here to avoid installing the same kit several times for handling different workbooks. But it does not avoid having to create different versions of your EXE file.

Logically, i’m not sure you are right and it can work (only with one kit on), but hi, of course you know better then i’m this software… :slight_smile:

Can you give me please an example how to write this “Basic” and “Pro” versions in the JSON file ? and what should I write in the xls-padlock as URL address ?

My parameters for the “Basic” version are :
Product Id = 1
Variation Id = 2
Title Name = “Basic EXE”
xlspadlockprivatekey = {123…}
xlspadlockmasterkey = “444”
usehardwarelocking = 1
maxactivperorder = 1
keymaxdays = 365
shownagscreen = 0

My parameters for the “Pro” version are :
Product Id = 1
Variation Id = 3
Title Name = “Pro EXE”
xlspadlockprivatekey = {456…}
xlspadlockmasterkey = “555”
usehardwarelocking = 1
maxactivperorder = 1
keymaxdays = 365
shownagscreen = 0

Since you have different EXE files with different titles and different master keys, you must create two different products in WooCommerce. And for your workbooks.json, define the two products and set 0 for the unique variation per product.
Something like:
“products”: {
“31”: {
“title”: “My workbook title”,
“xlspadlockprivatekey”: “{a04deb75-5288-4e0d-9254-58d44b63ecd4}”,
“xlspadlockmasterkey”: “765DEB91C5886835F7E8740E72”,
“variations”: {
“0”: {
“usehardwarelocking”: 1,
“maxactivperorder”: 2,
“keymaxdays”: 10,
“shownagscreen”: 0
}
}
},
“32”: {
“title”: “My workbook title PRO”,
“keymaxdays”: 180,
}
}
}
}

So I was right, you cant set two different EXE (“Basic” and “Pro” versions) as two variations in the Woocommerce Kit…

Your suggestion to set the two EXE as two different products is not good, because I cant cofigure in the WooCommerce two different product Id and sell it as two variations in the same web page.

Logically, the way to fix this issue, is if you update the WooCommerce Kit to something similar to my suggestion on the first post on this topic (please see above).

please let me know, if you can do this update soon because helf of my products is working with the current WooCommerce Kit and helf with the previous Kit, and working with two kit’s, in my opinion is not something healthy.

Thank you !

I suggested two EXE files for you because you said you built two different apps with different titles.
But our goal is to create a woocommerce kit that is helpful for all customers, so yes, we can certainly imagine your scenario where you have two different EXE, one per variation of a WooCommerce product.
I’ll check with the dev team.

If you will do this update, must be taken into consideration, that logically we must set each EXE not just the Product Id but also the Variation Id because if we wont to it, someone can purchase the “Basic” variation and will be able to activate the “Pro” variation EXE.

For example in the pro version workbook in the xls padlock insted of this:
https://www.mywebsite.com/wordpress/activation/getactivation/31

it will be :
https://www.mywebsite.com/wordpress/activation/getactivation/31/33/

The 31 is product id, the 33 is variation id.

As you probably know, its not easy to move products from one kit to another, you need to set so many things, so for not doing double work, please let me know as soon as possible about this update (hopefully if you can do it) my next steps is depend on your answer.

thank you.

Sure, we’ll offer this method too. Actually, both methods could probably be supported. One EXE per product ID with different variations for keys (not same number of days, etc). And different EXE per product ID and variations.

Hi,

You can predict when this issue will be fixed ?

We recently released XLS Padlock 2020 and HTML Executable 2020 will follow. Then the new kit update is scheduled.

Dear
I have 2020 version, same issue still exists. I can’t create 3 products includes 2 variations per each product ( trial & permanent).
Please update us.

Moreover, please confirm if we use your suggestions for creating several products without variations (or “0” variation); shall the product take the same properties which are located in the “0” variation.
For example:
“products”: {
“31”: {
“title”: “My workbook title”,
“keymaxdays”: 10,
}
}
},
“32”: {
“title”: “My workbook title PRO”,
“keymaxdays”: 180,
}
}
}
}
Shall product 31 will expired after 10 days & product no 32 will work till 180 days.

Secondly, what is the maximum numbers of products can be added to the code??

Please, a prompt reply is necessary.

If you don’t use variations, it’s indeed “0” as explained in the guide. So it looks like you are OK here.
There is no product limit. The WooCommerce kit was upgraded so that you can install it once and manage activations of several workbooks.