Workbook Loading Error

I load succesfully same .exe workbook file before. But now i have this error for new xlspadlock outputs exe file even i didnot change any settings inside xls padlock options and settings?

Anyone get this error or can help me?

SOLVED!

I ticked on “Excell automation for formula protection” and worked.

1 Like

I’m running into the same problem. It makes no difference whether I check or uncheck that box. Windows/10 with Office 2013. Getting desperate for a way for this to work.

There could be different reasons for that problem. Did you verify that the original workbook opens fine under Office 2013? If for some reason Excel detects a problem, it won’t show the compatibility window but it will give the error message “Failed to open…”

Hello,

Okay I think I’ve isolated the problem. The analysis is attached. Also attached a PDF of one of the functions on the spreadsheet.

I doubt I’d get a different result with the 2022 compile but will be testing it in a couple of days.

Conclusion:

Excel 2013 will not open a worksheet with one or more “shapes” in .xlsm.

The compiled version on Excel 2013 will not open a saved worksheet with one or more “shapes.”

Question:

Is there a fix or another process that will enable the .exe to work with Excel 2013?

If not, what is the minimum level that we should specify? (We don’t have Excel 2016)

How do we warn the XLS community about the issue?

Steve Glanstein

+1 (808) 423-6766

[email protected]

Notice: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please virus check all attachments to prevent widespread contamination and corruption of files and operating systems. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of the Federal Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 and similar state laws. This communication does not reflect an intention by the sender or the sender’s client or principal to conduct a transaction or make any agreement by electronic means. Nothing contained in this message or in any attachment shall satisfy the requirements for a writing, and nothing contained herein shall constitute a contract or electronic signature under the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, any version of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or any other statute governing electronic transactions.

(Attachment Analysis.pdf is missing)

(Attachment MIC_1.26.pdf is missing)

Attachments are in Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rvmjpgwk2geu7oy/AAA2HS-Ds33VRQTfXKNv9iW9a?dl=0

It’s not XLS Padlock the culprit here, but Excel. If you want to allow users to work with your workbook under Excel 2013, you have to ensure that the workbook you made with Excel 2019 opens fine in Excel 2013 too. Once you are ready to compile your final workbook, open it under Excel 2013, save the changes and compile that workbook with XLS Padlock. Thus, it will open fine both with Excel 2013 and 2019.

Cool … will give it a try later on today or tomorrow.

Steve Glanstein

+1 (808) 423-6766

[email protected]

Notice: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Please virus check all attachments to prevent widespread contamination and corruption of files and operating systems. The unauthorized access, use, disclosure, or distribution of this email may constitute a violation of the Federal Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 and similar state laws. This communication does not reflect an intention by the sender or the sender’s client or principal to conduct a transaction or make any agreement by electronic means. Nothing contained in this message or in any attachment shall satisfy the requirements for a writing, and nothing contained herein shall constitute a contract or electronic signature under the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, any version of the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act or any other statute governing electronic transactions.

1 Like

Hello,

Have to agree with you that it is an Excel 2013 problem. I made a very simple spreadsheet (dropbox link below). It only had some text and one shape, i.e. a QR code.

When saved in Excel 2013 and loaded, got the same message.
Tried the same thing with my main program.
Excel 2013 generates the shapes and I can save the spreadsheet. When I load the spreadsheet I get the same message I previously got.

Did a little internet research and didn’t get something very conclusive. Answer is obviously to establish a minimum of Excel 2016. Since I only have Excel 2019, it’s probably best to establish that as a minimum.

Thanks for working through this with me. Hope this helps your users.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4h4pnis6bm1hiu2/One%20Shape.xlsx?dl=0

1 Like