Flash Workaround? Please help

I was able to workaround the end of life issue in my normal chrome browser version 87.0.4280.141 using the following workaround. I kept seeing the EOL logo for flash and couldnt run it until i did the workaround. As soon as I updated the browser then the work around stopped working because there isnt a way to allow flash in the sites settings permissions since flash options have been removed.

I am having issues with my compiled software that loaded flash to now work since flash was turned off.

Can you tell me the location of the internal browser that is used when the software is run?

I am trying to locate the path that I may try the same workaround that was suggested for all the other browsers. I am trying to locate the browser engine you use to drive the internal browser.

Here is the work around that work for a moment can you look at it and see if you can adapt a workaround for your software to allow me to continue to run flash in my compiled software?

https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/kvvvkr/adobe_flash_eol_workaround/

Thanks for any help and direction.

I too would be interested in this subject. It has been mentioned on forum that exeout would try to support some type of flash plugin.

Have a lot of school software that is still great stuff, but flash is the issue.

Any plans with next version support flash?

Any tips on making current software to continue working?

We are exploring the possibility to use some Flash workaround ourselves, so that when you run an ExeOutput app, the Flash player will still work for it. We must also study whether it can be installed in the background, because Microsoft is removing it from Windows.
Moreover, there may still be legal issues for distributing Flash alone.

I am happy if the end user is provided a link to a version of flash that they must install on their own too if we can not distribute or install it directly in the background.

Please keep us posted

Any updates or ideas on the @gdgsupport ? Will we see help in next release? I have to plan ahead and flash is important to many apps used by schools.

Man it pains me to beg for information… Makes me wonder at times why I keep hanging on:)

Yah it is painful :pensive: :pensive: :pensive:
First i got news that update is planned in jan
its already march

Still working on a workaround. If we don’t post something, then it means we are still working. There may also be a legal issue regarding to the redistribution of the Flash Player…

No legal issues for you if you dont redistribute it but you tell us what version of flash player being used. We can find an archive someplace and direct our end users to also download it from someplace without anyone building the software distributing a flash player. Please just make your software builder to support a flash player that will work and tell us the version your software works with.

Sorry to bother you. In my world if someone does not reply or post, it could mean they forgot.

Yes, understood, but we usually don’t forget since every request or feature suggestion is kept on our TODO list (BTW your contributions these years have a good part on the TODO list :wink:…).

1 Like

Good news, we managed to get Flash working even if the Flash player has been uninstalled (which is the case on all of our development machines now).
It requires adding a simple DLL file in the same folder as the EXE, and a specific version of the CEF engine. We’re working to bring ExeOutput 2021 to you fast (hopefully). We’ll not include all of the planned features, so we can ship 2021 sooner, since Flash support seems to be really important to a lot of you.

1 Like

Wonderful news. Schools have many, many flash apps that students dearly love. Even more so, teachers rely on to make their job easier:) Losing those flash apps has been a real pain for many educators. Hope to see the release soon.

still try your best for -

• sqlite3 encryption
  • user should be able to change password
  • updating software from one click - this will save lot of us

Thank you so much for this great news. Looking forward to the new release.

Hello again. Its been 15 days. Its almost the end of March. Any word on the release. Any versions we can beta test flash php scripts with even if it only makes time limited exe outputs?

1 Like

ExeOutput 2021 will be published next week. It will include the option to play Flash.
We are updating the documentation and a stand-alone Flash sample has been created to explain how to get the necessary DLL file (that will not be shipped with ExeOutput itself for legal reasons).

Thank you. This is great news. If I can get my flash scripts to work I will purchase right away. Your team is the best.

Looking forward to testing it.

Praise the software gods, it is time to party. As always, I offer myself to test it and run it through the grinder. Have put some projects on hold and even passed on few because of flash, can’t wait to try it out.

Thanks for your offer. For instance, could you download the following test 7z file, unpack the two files, run the flashdemo.EXE (not signed, so maybe your antivirus will complain, but nothing was detected here:
VirusTotal)

Normally, you should see the bouncing ball:

Can you confirm that it works for you?